Experience a whole new level of freediving with the Apnea Academy Second Level Course. Combined with advanced knowledge and freediving techniques, this four day course will provide you the skills necessary to achieve 15-30 meter dives comfortably and safely. You will advance in the mental training for freediving, reaching deeper levels of relaxation as well as learn advanced breathing techniques to gain better respiration and increase your lung capacity and flexibility. You will also learn how to conserve energy and oxygen with advanced equalization techniques, free-fall technique and other apnea training methods which will carry you up to 15 meters and develop the necessary skills and confidence to freedive as deep as 30 meters. The level two course is where those who enjoy casual freediving become knowledgeable and competent divers. For more photos and videos click here
For those who are very busy this course can be completed during a 5 week internship, with classes in the afternoon and on weekends.
- Muscles and Energy Production
- Biomechanics of the Finstroke
- Preparing an Emergency Plan, Rescue Skills and First Aid
- Organizing a Training Session, Static and Dynamic Apnea Training, Constant Weight Training
- Breathing and Relaxation Techniques and Stress
Sessions of Breathing, Relaxation and Equalization
- Advanced Techniques of Physical Relaxation 1&2
- Breathing Techniques and Pranayama 1 & 2
- Equalization Exercises
Confined Water Training
- Advanced training for underwater breaststroke technique (DNF)
- More advanced breathe-up for freediving
- Additional training and techniques of free-body duckdiving, dolphin diving and other free-body exercises
- Static apnea training for breath-hold up to 2’30”
- Advanced finstroke technique
- Various kinds of duckdives with fins
- Putting on equipment underwater
- Rescue skills
- And more…
Open Water Training
- Free immersion dives and techniques
- Constant weight dives (to 15-30 meters) and techniques
- Managing and controlling free falling
- Dynamic apnea at 5 meters
- Safety skills for deeper dives and rescue training
- Planning a depth training
- And more…
Usually after the course students are able to hold their breath for 3-4 minutes and dive comfortably below 25 meters.
Cost: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and scheduling
The Course Includes:
- 5 thoery lessons
- 4 lessons on techniques of breathing, relaxation and equalizing
- 11 confined water sessions (16 hours)
- 5 open water sessions
- Freediving equipment rental
- Use of The Manual of Freediving
- Apnea Academy Second Level certification upon completion. Physical certification card is sent to you by mail.
Pre-requisites: Have completed an Apnea Academy Level 1 or equivalent course or have equivalent free-diving experience. Must be medically fit (see below). Minimum age is 16 years. Students 16-17 years of age must have a parent or guardian consent.
Course Structure: The course runs over 4 days with flexible arrangements for individual students to get the mentoring they need. It can also be arranged as a 1 month training program.
Minimum Performances Required for Certification:
- Perform a static apnea of at least 2’30”
- Dive in constant weight to at least -15 meters
- Perform a dynamic-no-fins distance of at least 35 meters
- Perform a dynamic apnea of at least 55 meters
You will be asked to complete a medical deceleration and unless you suffer a medical condition that is a contradiction to freediving you will not be required to complete a medical examination. Students will contradicting medical conditions will be required to undergo a dive medical.
Photo taken on breath hold with a Canon VIXIA HF G30 HD Camcorder in an Ikelite Housing.